I had to write a proposal with goals and learning outcomes to submit for approval before I can officially begin my independent study.
• My goal is to expand my previous experiences with interactive technologies.
• My goal is to develop a body of research ad present ideas related to society’s ideals regarding the relationship between health and body image.
• My goal is to develop my ability to communicate the essential components articulated in my research.
• I will develop skills in the creation of multi-faceted media centric installations. This outcome will be demonstrated in the project prototypes.
• The process and methods will add to my previous experiences in interactive technology. This will be demonstrated through the process of development and project prototypes.
• The project will develop my ability to synthesize complex communication streams into accessible user experiences. This will be demonstrated through the process phase of concept development and in the final project outcomes.
In the process I hope to learn more about myself, both personally and as a designer, and to encourage others to question the messages we accept as truth in visual culture in order to find truth within themselves.