I’m going to level with you here. I am a recovering purging anorexic.
I’m not going to apologize for you finding fat bodies offensive, because you obviously need to do more work in your recovery.
I am sorry that you were triggered, because that is something that we always try to avoid.
However, thinspo IS destructive. Thinspo is fucking disgusting. So, I’m going to say it again and again - fuck all thinspo. I will NEVER apologize for that. Ever.
Also - do not EVER erase the people who have eating disorders who are not anorexic or bulimic. There are a VAST variety of eating disorders out there and just because a person is not emaciated does not mean they are not suffering as much as an anorexic or bulimic.
And how do you know the lifestyles of the people here are unhealthy? Do you personally stalk all of them? Do you monitor what they eat? Their physical activity? I sincerely doubt you do. Do not allow your eating disorder to make you into a fatphobic jerk.
Also - I am doing a hell of a lot more work for people with ED’s being a body positive advocate than you are right now. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
I am slightly shocked to read you’ve found our blog offensive, and so I made a point to research all your complaints. Firstly, Our goal is to redefine the way we view and think about body image, size, fat, discrimination, health, fitness, wellness, mental/chronic illness, stigma, and other related topics.
It’s true we are far more vocal about fat positive body acceptance, but mainly because the majority of our moderators are fat, and we tend to blog our personal opinions and experiences. Many of our mods even have a history of disordered eating, myself included, so please consider
- we don’t discuss height and weight in regards to health - because fixation on these is unhelpful (especially in recovery)
- Body Positivity is being okay with whatever body you have, be it thin, fat, underweight, obese, disabled, healthy, sick
- different people have different triggers; thin bodies trigger me in the way fat bodies obviously do you
- The French Fries are telling you the truth! (and really tasty)
- Thinspo is harmful, ugly, hateful, triggering, presents unrealistic ideals, and promotes self destructive behaviors to reach them
FUCK ALL THINSPO
I feel so badly for you, that you interpret a body positive safe space as offensive and hostile to yourself, simply because your body type is not the ideal featured here with regularity.