I don’t know, I was curious.
If you’re ever feeling desperately low, like your brains could seep out of your ears from the pressure of your thoughts and you’re thoroughly sick of yourself, seek inspiration in the things you love. Avert your attention. Transform something in your appearance - anything - just to be able to look at yourself differently.
Get creative and imagine yourself as someone else, even if it means pain-stakingly painting your eyes with liquid liner whilst sitting cross-legged on your bed listening to Sonic Youth at 1 in the morning.
It helped me. Maybe it will help you.
1. Part hair from ear to ear across the top, pin both sides up(should have a mohawk appearance).
2. Part back in 3 sections, pull the middle section up and secure with pins (or combs).
3. Starting from the nape, grab a section of hair and pull to the opposite side and secure. (If your hair is long enough, bobby pins won’t be needed.
4. Grab section the section at the nape on the top of the opposite and cross over previous section.
5 Continue criss crossing until you reach the top
6. Grab a section (on right or left) of hair in the front roll forward, tuck inwards and under, and secure with pin (loosely).
7. Take the front section on the opposite side, roll forward, and tuck into the opening of the previous roll. All others rolls should be towards the front expect…
8. The last rolls will be going backwards to cover the left over hair in the back.
9. Slightly lift rolls to add volume and that’s a wrap!
Dove hired a forensic artist to draw how women see themselves versus how others see them - the results are moving.
Interesting idea. Thoughts?
I am chapped skin, gaping pores,
Angry spots and red welts.
I am a child of anxiety subjected
To states of over-everything.
I am stubborn coarse hairs
In “unladylike” places,
Self-inflicted scars from
Conditions so imposed
To wax and wane
Beyond my control.
I am good enough.
“Beauty” is elusive,
And I am happy to own “ugly”
When my lips form the words
This is what happens when the antibiotics stop working and your eczema gets infected.
I look like i have chicken pox.
The doctor was very unclear as to what is wrong exactly. He just said it was an infection and gave me more antibiotics (so now i’m on two different ones), more emollient, some painkillers and a different (much much better) antihistamine.
it still just keeps getting worse though. The pain in unbearable. I had very little sleep last night and the sleep i did have was only because i sedated myself with co-codomal and marijuana.
If it’s worse tomorrow i don’t know what the fuck i’m going to do.
I was just skimming some tags and came across your post. I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon. And that you are beautiful.