!!!!!!!!!! THIS PROJECT IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!! WILL BE STARTING A BRAND NEW PROJECT SOON !!!!!!!!!!
- Haley Cue July 9, 2012
Redefining Body Image // Project Two // Poster Series
I am in need of more photo submissions for a poster series I am working on for the next step of my project!
All bodies, all shapes, all genders, all ages - Anyone and everyone - I want your body!
Want to submit? Follow these steps (and READ CAREFULLY, otherwise I won’t be able to use submission!):
- Either locate already existing photos or snap some new shots of your fabulous body. The photos must be as high quality as possible (high resolution, low grain or blurriness, no mirror shots where you can see the camera and no webcam photos please.)
- Keep in mind when selecting or taking photos that the idea is to accentuate your body shape, so please wear close-fitting clothing, a bathing suit, or something similar.
- On the other hand, if you’re a fashion-forward individual and wish to submit some photos of you in your favorite outfits, that is also welcome. The idea is not only to accentuate your body, but your personality.
- Feel free to submit as many photos as you like and as many poses as you like - There are no limitations. Get fun and creative! It’s all about representing you.
This time, I am asking that all submissions include answering the following questions in order to create your body narratives and better help me portray your unique essence in my work.
I’m looking to take little parts of what you say to create a narrative about who you are, how you feel about your body and why. So keep that in mind.
- What are things people have said to you about your body?
- What do you think about that, or how have you responded?
- What did you think about your body in the past, versus now? Why?
- Think of little things people used to say to you, what they say to you now, how you feel about that.
- Think of the little things you love or dislike about your body, what you think about when you look in the mirror and why.
- Has visual culture impacted your body image? If so, how?
- Tell me a story about one of your body parts, a scar, a patch of stretch marks, a roll of fat, your belly button, absolutely anything.
- Feel free to go off on tangents, get angry, get emotional, get real.
Got questions? Ask.
Otherwise, submit away my dears!
(Side note: If you have already submitted for the first digital installation project, I still have your photos and will definitely put them to use, however it would be helpful if you could resubmit and answer the above questions so I know who you are and what your story is. And of course feel free to submit more photos!)
As always, if you would like to reblog and spread the word that would be lovely. <3