Amanda of Love Your Body Detroit has just started a new venture named Body Positive Wellness and I am happy to be a part of it!
So happy, in fact, that I decided to take some photos while stretching and moving my naked body this afternoon, which makes me feel happy and healthy.
We are looking for photos or stories on how you celebrate your body and the wellness you foster within it.
All bodies are welcome, since there is no correct way to live in a body.
***Submissions with triggering language (ie weight loss or diet talk) or photos will not be posted.***
Some more info:
This blog has been created to show the diversity of bodies that engage in wellness from a HAES® perspective.
What is HAES®?
1. Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes.
2. Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects.
3. Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes.
4. Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure.
5. Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.
Tell us your stories, show us your photos and let others use our voices to show body positive wellness is possible.
We’re only just beginning so take part in our infancy and submit!